Monday, February 25, 2013

I'm not dead!

 I am actually very much busy, still reinstalling my game.
I haven't touched the actual installation of packs which is fine, but I removed the EA folder from My Documents to create a new one, and I re-added all store and CC items. I am still suck at the CC part. I currently added something like 4000 files, and I am not even half way through the folder where I keep the compressed files I get. At some point I realized I would get out of space on C before I would even be done, made a quick research on how to fic the problem and learned how to move My Documents on another partition.
I am trying not to lose track, but I keep getting distracted by shiny new downloads, and it keeps adding! I am also finding out some nice stuff I had downloaded and never added to my game. Like I said, easily distracted...

 Let's mix some new stuff with the old to make it all better~



 Basically it is taking me (a LOT) of time, because even if I keep files as .sims3Pack, mostly furniture, I am renaming most of them so that they include creator name, and set name if there is one. Makes it easier to manage it with CC Magic. But when it comes to clothes, I am converting them to .package using Delphy's Multi Extractor so that I can 'modify' them with S3PE.
No more CC dresses as swimwear, or gowns as every day outfit!
I make sure clothes are for the correct ages/gender, changed some unisex hair for just female or male if I didn't like it for the other one, and I even enabled some accessories for both genders. If I have 'warm clothes' I enable them for Outwear, and most of the time I disable it for random use by townies. I get the good stuff for my sims, the others have enough with EA clothes!

 With a new featured included in the Master Controller (which is off by default) I actually made my CAS load a lot faster, and it's easier to scroll through (the last dress shown is actually one with and without necklace).


 Now I am afraid when I think about actually going into Buy mode in game, and I wish CC Magic collection feature was working right now. Granthes seems to be working on a new version, so I will cross fingers!

 Once I will be done, or that I have put back what I need to be able to use my save without having error messages because I am missing items, I will slow down on it a bit, I want to go back to creating. I have chapter 4 to work on, which includes making the related poses. Talking about poses, my PBN packs seem to have a problem with the Pose Player add-on, but not the files that are list compatible, go figure. I have to work on finding out why and fix them. I want to go back to meshing also, I need to remake and improve those desks I was working on. I am a millenium away from being as good as many creators, but with some time and hard work I will get there eventually.


 I have some work to do on both blogs (french and english versions), it will come.
I was waiting to be able to take pictures in game to publish my new poses, but now I want to test them and see if they have the same problem, which means they are delayed. But I am not forgetting you and I will try to have something to upload 'soon'!

Thank you to anyone who made it that far into reading my 'rant of the day', cheers!
- Kilhian


Note: First picture was originally supposed to be in chapter two, and the third one was made for chapter one. They didn't make it into the story but they fitted my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to install

Most of the time when possible I give you the possibility to install as either Sims3Pack or Package.
Pick up a format you rather use (poses can only be installed as Packages), and install it in your game:

If you use EA Launcher:

Sims3Packs
Place the .sims3pack file in your folder My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads
Run the Launcher, click the Download panel on the left and select the files you want to install before pressing the Install button.
Note: You do not need to keep the file in this folder, it can be removed safely once installed and the Launcher/game is closed.

Packages
Place the .package file in your folder My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages
If you do not have or do not know how to set up the Mods folder, I wrote a tutorial here.
Note: If you have too many files in this folder you should consider merging them or it will make your game load and render slower. Aikea Guinea wrote a tutorial about it, see here.

If you use CC Magic:

This launcher manages both types, so you can place any .sims3pack and .package files you want in
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads
For those who don't know about it, you can find the installation here and a tutorial there.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...