Thursday, March 21, 2013

EA Registers made deco BG compatible

 I made this for story writers and people who do not own either World Adventure, Ambition or Supernatural and would like to use decorative cash registers when they build a shop.

 For starters don't get me wrong, when I play my game I do visit the stores and buy stuff, especially when I go on vacations (World Adventure). But when it comes to working on my story and seeing the game change the clerks in my studio like 3 times already, plus the fact that you cannot make them pose, not even with the Pose Player Addon, I say punk clerk be gone!


 Because it is made for community shops you will find it in the Community Objects, however if you would like to have a 'home sale' then you can use Buzzler's fantastic Build/Buy Restriction Choker mod. It will enable all community items on your lot and all residential items on community lots when you buy/build.



 I take no credit at all for the mesh, I 'only' spent time making them base game compatible. They will act as any decorative item in your game.


The three registers I converted have three recolorable areas and you can customize them.
They are all available as both .sims3pack and .package format, chose the one you want to install (see below post if you do not know how).


General cash register from World adventure (item says book register, they look the same)

Consignment cash register from Supernatural

Potions cash register from Supernatural


Download:
General Cash register
Consignment Cash register
Potions Cash register

The three registers in one file

If you would like to see more decorative registers I made, check out ATS's ones and visit her page if you haven't done so, she has amazing downloads!

Tools used:
TSRW
Photoshop

Credits:
Poses: Clarisse
Hair: Anubis360, EA, Newsea
Decor: My clothe store and a random yard sale I set up in my garden
CC in them: Angela, ATS3, EA, Pocci, Severinka, Simcredible, Ung999, WOE
(sorry if I forgot some, let me know and I will add it)

2 comments:

  1. I love them, and I will use them sometime. I promise!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do not feel like you have to, but if it is of use to you I will be glad, let me know!

      Delete

How to install

Most of the time when possible I give you the possibility to install as either Sims3Pack or Package.
Pick up a format you rather use (poses can only be installed as Packages), and install it in your game:

If you use EA Launcher:

Sims3Packs
Place the .sims3pack file in your folder My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads
Run the Launcher, click the Download panel on the left and select the files you want to install before pressing the Install button.
Note: You do not need to keep the file in this folder, it can be removed safely once installed and the Launcher/game is closed.

Packages
Place the .package file in your folder My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages
If you do not have or do not know how to set up the Mods folder, I wrote a tutorial here.
Note: If you have too many files in this folder you should consider merging them or it will make your game load and render slower. Aikea Guinea wrote a tutorial about it, see here.

If you use CC Magic:

This launcher manages both types, so you can place any .sims3pack and .package files you want in
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads
For those who don't know about it, you can find the installation here and a tutorial there.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...